As the coronavirus pandemic continues, Truckit will endeavour to keep its loyal Customers and Providers updated on the constantly evolving situation. Read some info below on border closures, health advice, contactless delivery and more. There is useful links to Government and association resources as well.
Contactless delivery is highly encouraged and should be used wherever possible, this means:
- Limiting or eliminating person to person contact where possible
- Sanitising hands and equipment such as POD scanners
- Leaving goods in a safe, agreed location for the receiver to collect once the provider has left the scene
- Using digital and contactless payment methods where possible. Truckit offers Truckit Pay to help with this
Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory have closed or are closing their borders. Freight is exempt, but each state has border control requirements for truck drivers and other staff. ATA member associations have provided the following information about the requirements:
Of these, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory require truck drivers to fill in arrival forms before crossing the border.
Health and hygiene advice
As we all work to fight the spread of coronavirus and help flatten the curve, it is essential to follow good hygiene practices in your day to day life.
Australian Government Department of Health suggests that to practice good hygiene you:
- cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- put used tissues straight into the bin
- wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces such as benchtops, desks and doorknobs
- clean and disinfect frequently used objects such as mobile phones, keys, wallets and work passes
- increase the amount of fresh air available by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
COVID 19 Online Infection Control Training
- There is a FREE 30 minute online training module provided by the Australian Government Department of Health which can help you learn ways to stop the spread.
- We recommend for our Providers to sit the online training module in order to practice infection prevention.
- While not specific to freight, the course is open to ANYONE and has valuable information about prevention.
- As a part of following Truckit’s approach to Contactless Deliveries, we recommend this to all our Providers who are physically part taking in the delivery of items.
- Providers who complete the course should mention this as a part of quoting on jobs to inform customers
You can register for the online training module here.
Government support for business
The Australian and state governments have announced support packages for business. The Australian Government assistance package includes:
- a cashflow boost of up to $100,000 with a minimum payment of $20,000 for businesses that employ staff. Businesses with an aggregated turnover of less than $50 million will be eligible
- an expanded JobSeeker Payment with a new coronavirus supplement. Eligible owner drivers will be able to receive this payment
- a new Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme: a government guarantee for small and medium business loans. The loans will be interest free for the six months and will be for a maximum of $250,000 over three years. The Government will guarantee 50 per cent of each loan
- an increase in the instant asset write-off threshold from $50,000 to $150,000, with access expanded to include businesses with a turnover of less than $500 million (up from $50 million). The increased threshold is available till 30 June 2020
- an additional 50 per cent investment allowance for eligible assets, including new trucks and trailers. The allowance will be available till 30 June 2021.
Get the details or call 13 28 46 for more information.
You can also search the economic stimulus measures by state with this handy tool at stimuluspackage.com.au