- QLD closed their borders as of 12:01am Thursday 26th March 2020
- A person who arrives in Queensland from another State or Territory of Australia must self-quarantine for a period of 14 days, unless they are an exempt person.
Who is exempt from the requirement to enter quarantine for 14 days?
- National or State Security Officer or Government employee
- Health Services worker
- Emergency Services worker
- Transport, freight and logistics worker
- Specialist skills worker
- People living and working close to a border
- Compassionate entry or compulsion of law
Who is a Transport, freight or logistics worker?
- Any person who in performing their duties is responsible for provision of services for local passenger transport including bus services, taxi and ride share services, transport or freight of goods, or logistics for the goods, into, within and out of Queensland, on the condition that the person must practise social distancing wherever possible, including maintaining a distance of at least 1.5 metres where reasonably practicable and remain self-quarantined in their vehicle or accommodation.
- Ship crew travelling from another State or Territory, for the limited period of delivery of persons, transport or freight of goods, or logistics for them, into, within and out of Queensland, on the condition that the person must practise social distancing wherever possible, including maintaining a distance of at least 1.5 metres where reasonably practicable and must remain on board ship in self-quarantine until the ship departs Queensland or via a flight, where the self-quarantine period is less than 14 days.
- A member of a domestic, commercial or charter flight crew who self-quarantine until departing Queensland on another flight.
We encourage all our Providers who will be transporting freight into Queensland to apply for the border pass in order to speed up processing at the border.